The Scientific Advisory Board of the CRBt was installed on the 17th of May 2011. It is responsible for periodic assessment of research work and advises on the organization and implementation of the scientific and technological activities of the center. It advises on:
- Research programs and projects to submit to the Board of Administration
- Organization of research activities,
- Creation and dissolution of research teams, research units and divisions, associated research laboratories, experimental stations, and workshops and mutualized services,
- Training programs for researchers,
- Recrutment of research staff,
- Organization of scientific events.
The Scientific Advisory Board may appeal, in the context of its activities, to external experts in order to enlighten its decision-making process. It may also put in place specialized scientific commissions, whose members are appointed by decision of the Director of the Institution.