- Wednesday, 13 January 2016
DESCRIPTION OF THE DEPARTMENT:
According to Article 5 of the inter-ministerial decree dated in January 15, 2013 concerning internal organization of the Biotechnology Research Center, the department is responsible for:
- Ensure regular technology watch in the field of biotechnology.
- Contribute to the development of medical information management tools, processing, archiving and data transmission (jointly with the quality assurance department and management and network maintenance service).
- To study and evaluate the applications for approval and / or authorization of marketing and / or deliberate release of genetically modified organisms (GMOs).
- Contribute to the development and harmonization of legislation relating to bioethics and biosafety norms and standards as well as quality assurance and ensure their implementation (together with the quality assurance service).
The department is organized into two departments: "Technology Watch" and "Biosafety and Biosecurity"
Enlighten, inspire and educate the CRBt research community to potential risks of biotechnology by delivering useful, reliable and relevant data for the execution of research programs, the optimal exploitation of available experimental techniques at the CRBt and establishing hygiene and safety culture of people and environment.